Remember how you felt when you discovered EXCITER

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon snake_asshole » 2. August 2005, 09:14

Hey I thought it would be interesting to share your views on EXCITER's "H.M. MManiac" album...I mean when, I heard it back in '83 it was the fuckin' heaviest thing ever- before- METALLICA (and even if it had come ouyt after it's still way HEAVIER), what you guys recall about this monster?
Can something be more metallic in all senses of the term than "Mistress Of Evil"?
snake_asshole

Beitragvon Irish Coffee » 3. August 2005, 08:23

Laurent gets nostalgical here...hahaha, well, I discovered this gem years later and still love to listen to it with the most intense passion you can have...forodinssake, this is raw as hell and heavier than a war elephant...Metallica were nowhere as raw on their giant debut...and later on became boring... :P
Odins wilde Krieger aus dem Norden kehren wieder. Abgerissen und zerschlissen, dennoch ungebrochen. Holstein, Deine Helden wollen sich zu Worte melden. Voller Stolz und voller Wut, hier wird gestanden, nicht gekrochen.
Irish Coffee
METAL GOD

BeitrÀge: 1234

Beitragvon big mouth » 4. August 2005, 17:08

Haha!!!! Yeah nostalgic that's why I'm doing all day my friend!!!!! But this record is really special to me because it carries something that I have heard very very very few times.... too bad that live they couldn't deliver the same crushing power, certainly because a 2nd guitar was missing...still I'm surprised that not other people have something to share on this one here...
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Toronto Undead » 12. August 2005, 17:46

Hey there, I just happen to be trolling by and this Post caught my eye. I remember very well the first time I heard HMM. Picked up the album back in the day, when it first came out. For its era it was crushing. People used to look at us cranking it out like we from some other zone. I must have listen to that 1/2 of my teenage years. I seen them live several times in the early 80's, I cant say I was disappointed. Second guitar player with Ricci would be messy, but I do agree two guitars would be better. They played a mini festival we had last year, and have agreed to play again next month. They delivered on stage and I m looking forward to them playing again. Not the same band, only one original member but they did deliver. Great with the older material. "Nostalgical", yes, they are teaming up with Razor, if that doesnt take you back. You never forget your underground roots and they are still bringin me back to today. Glad to know someone else remembers and still enjoys the Old School. Have a good one and cheers...I m off to listen to HMM. ;)
Toronto Undead

Beitragvon big mouth » 13. August 2005, 08:07

Always great to hear from an old Ontario rager!!!! :rolleyes:
I guess you're talking about the Gates Of Hell festival... yeah great bill last year and this year..last year had even I. MAJESTY on it... insane..still looking for a recording of the RAZOR show from last year in case....
Still I have problems getting into that new EXCITER.... without Dan and that speed for the sake of speed type of material they deliver now...hmmm I'm not too pleased with this.
I don't know what happened to BEEHLER by the way..... are they still around? They were promising....
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Patrick » 24. August 2005, 18:40

well, i still think if someone would ask "what is metal ?", the "heavy metal maniac" lp is the right answer... it has speed, heaviness, rage and no second rate songs... it's devastating from the beginning to the end...

for "dark command" and "blood of tyrants".... well, I give an excellent review to "b.o.t." in my deceased zine, but after some months my mind changed... and it was out of question to buy that cd with re-recorded old songs, what an heresy....

it's strange that Ricci is in Exciter and Beehler and Johnson are in Beehler Band... If these guys could have a drink to see the obvious thing to do....
Patrick

Beitragvon Cthulhu » 24. August 2005, 21:08

My first Exciter-record was "Dark Command" back in the dark 90s (when I was 16 years old). So I "grow up" with the new Exciter and I like both, Exciter with Beehler and with Belanger. Jaques is a great singer and a very good frontman, who personifies the raw power of Exciter better than anyone else could.

"Heavy Metal Maniac" was one of the last Exciter-records I discovered. I like it but it isn't my favorite. I think, my fave is "Violence And Force".

Much more interesting is my favorite Exciter song, which is quite unusual. It is "Scream Bloody Murder" from the strange 1988-record "Exciter". ;)
Cthulhu
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 10347

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum