Amulance - Feel The Pain

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Metallah » 11. März 2006, 12:11

This you can find on the New Renaissance website:

I only hope they will include the demo aswell, otherwise it does not make much senese for me...

M.

To: Music Industry VIPS
At: Starr Communications
Fax: 818-985-5807
Date: March 10, 2006

New Renaissance Records to Re-Release Amulance Debut

New Renaissance Records will re-release the classic metal album from Amulance, ?Feel The Pain?
Metallah

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 11. März 2006, 12:59

Yeah!!
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Prof » 11. März 2006, 14:24

Gute Nachricht, Metallah. Da aber New Renaissance - insofern ich weiss - noch nie Bonusmaterial fĂĽr ihre Re-releases verwendet haben und man aus den letzten Zeilen des Presseberichts eigentlich entnehmen kann, dass die handnumerierte Erstauflage eigentlich als 'collector's bonus' bewertet werden soll, gehe ich mal davon aus dass das Demo nicht mit drauf sein wird.

Und noch was: werden die Leute die sich 'FTP' als Hellas-Boot zugelegt haben, auch diese offizielle NRR-CD kaufen...?

Oops, sorry - wrong language track. -_-
Good news from NRR, although I guess there won't be any demo tracks on this one, as NRR - to my knowledge, anyway - fail to pack any bonus material on their re-releases. From what I gather from the final paragraph of the press release, the only 'bonus' will the the handnumbered first pressing.

And will those people who bought the Greek bootleg of 'FTP', buy the official NRR-re-release as well...?
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Metallah » 11. März 2006, 14:43

the professor hat geschrieben: Gute Nachricht, Metallah. Da aber New Renaissance - insofern ich weiss - noch nie Bonusmaterial fĂĽr ihre Re-releases verwendet haben und man aus den letzten Zeilen des Presseberichts eigentlich entnehmen kann, dass die handnumerierte Erstauflage eigentlich als 'collector's bonus' bewertet werden soll, gehe ich mal davon aus dass das Demo nicht mit drauf sein wird.

Und noch was: werden die Leute die sich 'FTP' als Hellas-Boot zugelegt haben, auch diese offizielle NRR-CD kaufen...?

Oops, sorry - wrong language track. -_-
Good news from NRR, although I guess there won't be any demo tracks on this one, as NRR - to my knowledge, anyway - fail to pack any bonus material on their re-releases. From what I gather from the final paragraph of the press release, the only 'bonus' will the the handnumbered first pressing.

And will those people who bought the Greek bootleg of 'FTP', buy the official NRR-re-release as well...?

I bought the original cd on Ebay some time ago and I also have a cd-r copy of the bootleg. The sound on the bootleg is too bad to be pleased with this, so everyone who wants a good sounding cd should consider buying the re-issue.

I know that New Renaissance never released any cd with bonus tracks, which is a pity. I was just hoping and maybe I'll write Ann what I think about it.

Did you see, that Screamer is the highest voted album to be re-released in the NRR poll?

And Cerebus is not even included... . :(

M.
Metallah

Beitragvon Prof » 11. März 2006, 15:09

Metallah hat geschrieben: Did you see, that Screamer is the highest voted album to be re-released in the NRR poll?

And Cerebus is not even included... . :(

M.

Yeah, the pole position in the poll for Screamer doesn't surprise me - excellent album in the old Queensryche-/Sacred Warrior-style with high-pitched vocals to match. I own the Cerebus album on vinyl, but haven't listened to it in ages. I do think it deserves a re-release, though. Pity it's absent from the voting list.

Another thing with the NRR-re-releases is their own low-cost version of a 'booklet': extremely Spartan leaflet-like things, if you ask me. There are lots of private pressings around that offer ten times more value for money, don't you think? Anyway, I'm glad to see at least part of their catalogue resurface on disc.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Prof » 23. Juli 2006, 13:16

So, ladies and gentlemen present, I bought the official NRR-re-release of the infamous Amulance-album. What did I get? An el cheapo booklet (if you can call this little fold-out thingie without pictures and bio a booklet). No remaster, let alone bonus tracks. And to top it all off: bad sound quality. Oh yes, it's a handnumbered limited edition, which - needless to point out - makes me feel an ultratrue metalhead and dedicated bootleg avoider. Value for money from NRR, once again!

Oh, by the way, the Cerebus re-release is up next. Question is: will I buy it? You can figure out the answer yourself.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Metallah » 23. Juli 2006, 14:01

Well, you can lay back and wait until August. Then Sonic Age Records/ Cultmetalclassics will re-issue Cerebus - Too Late To Pray on CD. Yes, that's true and they will include the EP aswell as some other rare tracks.

Some more information about this can be found on their website. There are some other interesting releases as well:

TITAN FORCE ? Winner / Loser CD (CultMetal032)
The triumph of lyrical power metall!!
Do you know of many music bands (not necessarily metal bands) that managed to release a perfect album and then followed up with an equally perfect second album? Only the real big bands achieved something like this and of course TITAN FORCE, that it?s a wonder why they didn?t become as big as IRON MAIDEN and METALLICA. Perfect vocals, perfect song writing, amazing lyrics and an even more mature approach of music than on their debut led to masterpieces like ?Small price to Pay?
Metallah

Beitragvon Prof » 23. Juli 2006, 14:21

Thanks, Metallah! I knew about the two Titan Force-rr's, but in the case of Cerebus, I got the labels mixed up. :ph34r: Anything that CMC has put out on the market so far is worth the money - more power to them.

You remember that, back in the day, bands complained about their treatment at NRR? Well, bands complain often (and even more often with good reason), but ever since NRR have started out with these hideous rr's, it's clear to me what the situation with Ann was back then. Nothing's changed, obviously.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Metallah » 23. Juli 2006, 23:34

Prof hat geschrieben: Thanks, Metallah! I knew about the two Titan Force-rr's, but in the case of Cerebus, I got the labels mixed up. :ph34r: Anything that CMC has put out on the market so far is worth the money - more power to them.

You remember that, back in the day, bands complained about their treatment at NRR? Well, bands complain often (and even more often with good reason), but ever since NRR have started out with these hideous rr's, it's clear to me what the situation with Ann was back then. Nothing's changed, obviously.

Well, in case of the Cerebus reissue there were (are?) some things unclear. I guess Ann Boleyn still believes in having the rights to reissue stuff such as Cerebus and others. I heard that she was quite unimpressed to hear that Sonic Age/ CMC will do the reissue. Earlier Shark Records also announced that they would put out the reissue.

Well, it seems that the best of the possible labels will do it in the (almost) best possible way (almost because of the fact that a label like High Vaultage probably would do it even better...). If NRR would have don it - see Amulance, if Shark would have done it - see the Atlain reissues on Rusty Diamond (it's also Shark Records).

So there are some releases to look forward to. Especially to see an adequate Brainfever release of "Capture The Night" will be great and of course Cerebus aswell.

M.
Metallah

Beitragvon Metallah » 14. August 2006, 23:43

This is the latest Statement about the Sonic Age reissue of Cerebus - Too Late To Pray by Ann Boleyn - New Renaissance Records. This message can also be found on Ebay, if you search for Cerebus on Ebay.com:

Dear Friends:

Once again it appears that SONIC AGE is manufacturing and selling bootleg recordings --- this time of CEREBBUS's album TOO LATE TO PRAY.

This action harms the band and our company because we are preparing to re-release this title both on disc and on iTunes, napster,con, etc.

This conduct violates trademark, copyright, and international treaties. We will prosecute any one caught selling such item in the USA and will assign our right to sue to any of our overseas trading partners who are being harmed by this action.

If you know of ANYBODY SELLING this title, please contact me immediatiely.

Best Regards,

Ann Boleyn
NEW RENAISSANCE RECORDS

I won't comment on it.

M.
Metallah

Beitragvon Prof » 14. August 2006, 23:49

Toc toc toc! :angry:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon KuttenBjuf » 15. August 2006, 00:35

dummer drechswichskack, die hab ich mir doch bestellt letzte woche bei egay und warte immer noch drauf - boah ich könnt mal eben kotzen :angry::angry::angry:

Geb ich halt dann ncohmal Geld fĂĽr den original rerelease aus - ich habs ja
:rolleyes:
KuttenBjuf
KIT RĂĽckkehrer

Beitragvon Prof » 15. August 2006, 09:49

Metallah hat geschrieben: This is the latest Statement about the Sonic Age reissue of Cerebus - Too Late To Pray by Ann Boleyn - New Renaissance Records. This message can also be found on Ebay, if you search for Cerebus on Ebay.com:

Dear Friends:

Once again it appears that SONIC AGE is manufacturing and selling bootleg recordings --- this time of CEREBBUS's album TOO LATE TO PRAY.

This action harms the band and our company because we are preparing to re-release this title both on disc and on iTunes, napster,con, etc.

This conduct violates trademark, copyright, and international treaties.  We will prosecute any one caught selling such item in the USA and will assign our right to sue to any of our overseas trading partners who are being harmed by this action.

If you know of ANYBODY SELLING this title, please contact me immediatiely.

Best Regards,

Ann Boleyn
NEW RENAISSANCE RECORDS

I won't comment on it.

M.

@ Metallah:

Did you notice that she threatens to sue people selling the album, in stead of taking legal action against Sonic Age themselves? How strange, if you claim to hold the rights to that particular material.
This is not only an interesting case for international copyright lawyers, but also for the metal magazines to look into. This affair needs to be followed by a third party; journalists preferably. People here on the board who remember NRR from the 80s, probably have their own ideas about the whole thing, but it would be interesting to see the facts of the dispute documented. At least then everyone knows who's doing legal business and who's a fraud.

And apart from that: Cerebus on iTunes? Yeah right.

NRR should learn a few things first about properly re-releasing stuff - the rr's so far have been a disgrace to the musicians as well as to the fans, and knowing that company, I have no inclination to think that is ever going to change. The fact alone that they have probably not bothered to find any of the former band members (royalties, anyone?) or have even attempted to locate pictures and unreleased recordings by a particular band, is sort of answering the Big Question.
End of overlong post.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 15. August 2006, 10:16

Sonic Age got the rights for CEREBUS from German label Shark Records, who got the european license for CEREBUS in the late 80ies. I guess none of us knows who got the rights for this, maybe only the band itself now, but I do not need any senseless NRR rereleases anymore. Total low budget moneymaking shit. I know that a band like DEADLY BLESSING was not even asked for their rerelease and never saw any money out of it.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Metallah » 15. August 2006, 12:17

The whole thing is even more strange if you think about that Ann Boleyn meanwhile finished law school. So she should be quite aware about the whole situation.

However, I don't think that Shark Records has any rights for the releases of Cerebus and many others. I even doubt there are rights for Atlain and all the other stuff they release (except for the new shit they do).

As far as the Sonic Age reissues are well done I don't really care for this. The only ones who could clear this whole thing up, probably don't even have any interest in doing so.

BTW does anyone already have the Cerebus CD and can tell me something about the sound and overall qality (booklet etc.)?

M.
Metallah

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum