Snakepit issue 16 is out!

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 15. März 2008, 09:16

While webzines have almost exterminated what was known as fanzines back when Metal was damn strong and full of feeling, there?s still a few survivors that refuse to join the easy way, Snakepit magazine being one of those. Time for a new Metal strike with issue 16 having just been unleashed by the dogs of war! This new issue features as usual possibly the most in depth interviews you will ever read in the Metal scene with past Metallic heroes such as AFTERMATH, AGGRESSION (Canada), ANGUS, APOCALYPSE (U.K.), ARCHENEMY (The one and ONLY ARCHENEMY from L.A.!), CHEMIKILL, CYNIC, DEATH FORCE, DEATH STRIKE, DEVASTATION (IL), EXHORDER, FIRESTORM, HELL, JJ?S POWERHOUSE, LABEL SPECIAL (RAVE ON RECORDS!!), MASTER, SARDO, SCEPTRE, SINDROME, TRANSGRESSOR, VERMIN but also actual Metal heroes such as AGENT STEEL (possibly the most in depth feature ever done on them with original drummer Chuck Proffus!), CRUCIFIED MORTALS, FIRELAND, GAUNTLET, INFERNAL MAJESTY, HIBRIA, RAZOR (bassist Mike Campagnolo explains his return and more!), SEPTER, THRUSTOR and the legendary WITCHFINDER GENERAL!!! Over 106 pages filled with nothing but molten Metal, done by fans for fans!!!! And if it?s not enough to fulfil your appetite, there?s also a DEATH DEALER 2 song live 7?
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Prof » 15. März 2008, 09:31

Great, the new Snakepit, I will get one at KIT for sure.
The Apocalypse you mention is the same band that released the godly The prophet LP under the name of Omega, right?
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 15. März 2008, 10:13

Prof hat geschrieben: Great, the new Snakepit, I will get one at KIT for sure.
The Apocalypse you mention is the same band that released the godly The prophet LP under the name of Omega, right?

Yes, it's them. The "Stormchild" 7" is one of the best NWOBHM-singles ever.

I'll pick up a copy at KIT, too.
Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to gust … wolde ye swynke me thilke wys?
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

Beitragvon Prof » 15. März 2008, 10:20

Goatstorm hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben: Great, the new Snakepit, I will get one at KIT for sure.

Yes, it's them. The "Stormchild" 7" is one of the best NWOBHM-singles ever.

Thanks, GS.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Forbidden Evil » 15. März 2008, 12:05

Definitely going to buy a copy.

Who will sell them at KIT?
Die Mucke

PUNKS IS HIPPIES
Forbidden Evil
METAL GOD

Beitragvon holydio1 » 15. März 2008, 14:22

if it works out, I will sell some there and so you can find the new issue at Andi Preisig and other dealers there. Fantastic content, Laurent.
holydio1
METAL GOD

Beitragvon MightyTior » 15. März 2008, 22:55

I´ll get a copy at KIT too!
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon SoBelow » 16. März 2008, 07:09

I already have a couple on the way. I can't wait. :D
SoBelow
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon MightyTior » 16. März 2008, 22:05

holydio1 hat geschrieben: if it works out, I will sell some there and so you can find the new issue at Andi Preisig and other dealers there. Fantastic content, Laurent.

I will definitely buy a copy from you at KIT...how will I know who you are? Where are you selling? I can send you my cel phone number if that works...let me know...KIT just a few weeks away!!! :D
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon big mouth » 17. März 2008, 06:48

For those interested in wholesales here's some infos:
Snakepit #16 Wholesale
Wholesale minimum is 13 copies. The price is $6 each plus postage
Domestic price for 13 copies including priority mail postage: $87
International price for 13 copies including priority mail postage: $115
PayPal directly at yosukekonishi@yahoo.com
big mouth

Beitragvon SoBelow » 20. März 2008, 10:40

Another great mag Laurent. I just got my copies today, and I'm blown away again. Snakepit is by far, the best magazine I've ever gotten. Keep up the good work. I hope this one sells good enough to keep them coming.

Thanks again to all involved.
SoBelow

Beitragvon Heavy_Metal_Maniac » 20. März 2008, 15:25

I'll buy a copy, too.
Heavy_Metal_Maniac
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon big mouth » 20. März 2008, 22:04

Another great mag Laurent. I just got my copies today, and I'm blown away again. Snakepit is by far, the best magazine I've ever gotten. Keep up the good work. I hope this one sells good enough to keep them coming.

Thanks man! All I hope now is that I will be able to have 17 coming out by late 2008.... man the content just CRUSHES everything I've done so far.... COMMANDER (L.A.), SLAYER (TX), ENFORCER (IL), FATAL VIOLENCE, Bernett Records etc etc....!!!!!!
big mouth

Beitragvon SoBelow » 22. März 2008, 06:30

Commander, Enforcer, S.A. Slayer, and Fatal Violence!!!! I might have to but a few more just to make sure that one happens. I promoted it on a board I'm a mod at. Hopefully that will help.
SoBelow

Beitragvon Prof » 14. April 2008, 14:49

Hey Laurent, yesterday afternoon I started digging into the new issue of Snakepit - and jeez, what a 'Pit it is too!

Being the old NWoBHM-fan that I am, I started out with the Witchfinder General piece (cool cover picture of Phil by the way). A wonderful read to say the least, loads of detail and an update that actually is quite a moving read in itself. You just end up wishing Phil, Rod and Derm all the best. How will WG sound on their next album? That is the question.
I loved the bit where Phil makes this little comment on the suggestion about a second guitarist. That's exactly how I feel about this type of metal.

Next up was Apocalypse by Rich 'Miskatonic' Walker. Very good article as well, makes you wonder if the bootleg of The prophet by Omega will ever be replaced by an official release. When I bought the damn thing I wasn't sure it was a bootleg, only suspected it because of the slipcase. Oh well, at least I've got this little known masterpiece of doomy British NWoBHM in CD-form.

The Angus story cleared up the few odd bits of Dutch metal history (and once again confirms the often counterproductive competitiveness and jealousy of Dutch bands back in the day). Angus's management used to literally be around the corner from where I live, except I didn't know that back then. I wonder, though, on what Dutch youth programme they performed, as I can't remember ever seeing Angus on the idiot box.

As ever, your album/EP/demo reviews are pretty much the love-it-or-hate-it affair they always were. The new touchstone of traditional metal controversy will definitely be your very own view on Pagan Altar's Mythical & Magical. Opinion de choc, Monsieur Ramadier. ;)

Hey, I read three 'Pit-pieces in one day - this is going too fast, issue 16 has to at least provide me with metallic reading matter for a few months!
No, but seriously: what a great issue, and at last in real print form again. Onto issue 17!
Prof
Traveller

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum