Cynic - The Portal Tapes

Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Art Rock, Progressive Metal ...

Re: Cynic - The Portal Tapes

Beitragvon Acrylator » 10. September 2015, 23:43

Pavlos hat geschrieben:
It is with a heavy heart that I post today's CYNIC news. CYNIC is no longer an active band. Due to artistic and personal differences, the second chapter in the ‘BOOK OF CYNIC’ has come to an end.

I will say the last shows we played in JAPAN have left me with a positive charge, even though they were the last live performances with Paul, Sean Malone & I on the same stage. My longstanding creative partnership with Paul, which started when we were very young kids in south Florida, has simply endured so much friction that there is no way, from my perspective, that CYNIC can be salvaged, repaired or kept afloat by any means.

I profusely apologize to the fans who were not only expecting us in China & Taiwan (that was not our fault), but to the fans who were planning to see us in Europe next month. These things happen, unfortunately, to bands. There can be differing levels of conflicts and/or differences in opinions, musical directions, or perspectives. Sometimes these things are insurmountable, and no amount of time or effort can resolve them. This is the case with CYNIC.

This page will stay up, and of course there are our respective personal pages and websites that will continue to let everyone know what we’re doing individually.

I wish all of you love & peace.

-Sean

:cry:

Irgendwie schade, aber da mich das letzte Album eher gelangweilt hat, fĂŒr mich auch kein großer Verlust mehr...
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 13246

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 10. September 2015, 23:47

Auf jeden Fall schade, vor allem, weil ich mich sehr darauf gefreut hatte, die Band im Oktober nochmal live zu sehen. :cry:
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

BeitrÀge: 8450

Beitragvon Pavlos » 12. September 2015, 13:20

Ok, jetzt wird es kompliziert:

Dear fans and friends, this is all news to me. I just landed from Japan and my inbox was exploding. Sean didn't confer with myself or Malone about Cynic's official breakup or the tour being cancelled. I'm honestly somewhat relieved it's finally over since it's been quite challenging over the years but I'm also trying to figure out how to possibly salvage this tour (with a new drummer) since the damage he's causing by pulling out at this last minute is inconceivable for me at the moment. Please share this message with friends or fans as Sean has taken me off our FB page so I can't access it at the moment. Love to you all. I apologize for the drama...but sometimes life gets messy.

P.S. Cynic will continue one way or another.

P. Masvidal

:ehm:
Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

BeitrÀge: 24786

Beitragvon Ulle » 12. September 2015, 14:00

Sehr strange. Hab mir grad das Interview mit Reinert auf Metalsucks angehört. Noch komischer :lol:
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 13474

Vorherige

ZurĂŒck zu Hard Rock Heaven / Prog The World